Monday, November 11, 2013

Marathon Training

I am currently training for my 1st FULL marathon...26.2 miles on December 14th.  The training has been going well and I actually ran 19 miles on Saturday.  It wasn't easy but it went much better than expected.  I only have 5 weeks left until the marathon.  I typically run my long runs on Saturdays with a group of friends who run.  The social aspect of running is so much fun!  Back in September a friend and I decided to run a local half marathon one Saturday and it was POURING down rain that morning and during most of the race.  We were determined and we both wanted to beat 2 hours.  I got tired at about mile 10 and slowed my pace some and told Lindsey to just leave me...she did and she beat her time goal and got 1st in her age group and low and behold...I beat mine too...barely...but I did it...1:59:53...I'll take it for a race in the rain!!!  I ended up placing 3rd in my age group:)


I have a 12 mile run Saturday, a 20 mile the next Saturday, then a 12 miler the next Saturday and then it is taper time...only 8 miles the next Saturday and then the next Saturday is MARATHON time...ack!  So excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment