Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ecuador


The hand of a little boy who stole my heart.  I can't show pictures of the orphans faces.

I visited Ecuador for the first time on a mission trip this past summer and to say it changed my life is an understatement.  I can't even put into words how I feel about that country, the people and those sweet orphans.  It was a dream come true to go and be a missionary for a week.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it.  I long to be there.  As crazy at it sounds I would leave everything. I have to go do mission work every day of my life.  If I could do life over I would go spend some time in another country doing just that.  It is harder to say yes to something when you have a husband and kids.  So far Ken doesn't feel the calling that I do to do these types of things.  It isn't that he is against anything I do but his heart isn't there like mine is.  I would move today, adopt today, do something totally radical today but the decision isn't completely up to me.  I am leading a trip back to Ecuador in October and I absolutely cannot wait.  It can't get here fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment